Four Star Hotel Chef Job Opening in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Job Title: Chef
Department: Food & Beverage
1. Responsible food production focusing on Meats and Salads
2. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labour budget for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
2. Schedules and coordinates the work of , cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
3. Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
4. Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
5. Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
6. Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety,sanitation and accident prevention principles.
7. Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
8. Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
9. Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
10. Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
11.Perform other duties as directed
Education and/or Experience
A post high school qualification in Food production and at least 5 years experience as a Chef or a Cook: specializing in Meats and Salads.
If you are interested in this position,please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org