(235posts) ICU Registered Nurse Job Opportunities – PSC
REGISTERED NURSE III (ICU) TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE (235) POSTS
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 24, 580 – Ksh.32, 760 p.m. – (CSG 12/JG ‘H’)
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- a Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;.
- providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI),
- PMTCT, ante-natal care and delivery,
- providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- referring patients and clients appropriately;
- facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and collecting and compiling data.
How To Apply
- Candidates are required to attach copies of :-
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Current Practicing License
- Certificate of Registration to relevant professional body
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZE AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Interested and qualified person are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal www.psckjobs.go.ke so as the reach the undersigned on or before 23rd April, 2020 at 5.00 p.m. (East African time).
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION