Physiotherapy Senior Principal Assistant Jobs recruitment (94posts) PSC
SENIOR PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT PHYSIOTHERAPIST– NINETY FOUR (94)
Salary Scale: Kshs. 85, 110 p.m Ksh 119, 730 p.m. – (CSG12/JG ‘P’)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Diploma in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Orthopedic Manual Therapy or its equivalent qualification form a recognized institution;
- Certificate of Registration form the Physiotherapy Council of Kenya (PCK);
- Current Certificate of Practice from Physiotherapy Council of Kenya (PCK);
NOTE: Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail;-
- treating and rehabilitating patients/clients using Physiotherapy interventions i.e. electrotherapy, manipulative therapy/technology, exercise therapy among others in clinical areas and the community;
- planning and organizing group Physiotherapy treatment/sessions for patients and clients; evaluating treatment outcomes for review, placement, referral or discharge;
- initiating community disability assessment outreach programs;
- liaising with other stakeholders in providing appropriate advice to patients/clients on exercise, posture and movement;
- providing health promotion and education to patients/clients on neuromusculoskeletal disorders and health;
- maintaining an up-to-date data base for Physiotherapy services for input in to the integrated health information system;
- inducting students on practical training on physiotherapy services;
- requisitioning and ensuring availability and proper utilization of Physiotherapy supplies and equipment as well as giving support and health education to patients and relatives in hospital; analyzing data and preparing reports; and
- coaching and mentoring of staff.
How To Apply
- Candidates are required to attach copies of :-
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Current Practicing License
- Certificate of Registration to relevant professional body
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZE AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Interested and qualified person are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal www.psckjobs.go.ke so as the reach the undersigned on or before 23rd April, 2020 at 5.00 p.m. (East African time).
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION