CSS Capacity Development and Financial Education Advisor Job Feb 2022
Capacity Development and Financial Education Advisor Background:
German Sparkassenstiftung Eastern Africa-Kenya (DSIK) is a German NGO that promotes financial sector development. DSIK was established by several Sparkassen (savings banks) in Germany in 1992. Since that, it has been working in more than 80 countries, successfully carrying out more than 200 projects. We are now working in Eastern Africa for more than 10 years, focusing on strengthening institutions in the microfinance sector and its customers to enhance access to finance and to develop capacities on the supply and the demand side of the financial sector. Within the Eastern African Region, we are currently conducting projects in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda, which are refinanced by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ).
In Kenya, we work closely with our partners- African Confederation of Cooperative Savings and Credit Associations (ACCOSCA) and Association of Microfinance Institutions in Kenya (AMFI-K).
It is within the above-mentioned context that DSIK seeks to hire a Capacity Development and Financial Education Advisor to support the operations of its Country Office in Kenya.
Main location for the employee will be Nairobi in Kenya. Missions to other locations in Kenya as well as to other countries in Eastern Africa, especially Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda are possible.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Organize and execute trainings, workshops, and sessions on capacity development and financial education for the target groups, in close collaboration with partners in Kenya
- Develop and improve materials for capacity development and financial education
- Organize relevant exchange study trips, meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Support the recruitment of trainers as well as management of the trainer pool
- Provide advice and support to our partners in Kenya, e.g., in creating and updating action and training plans, organizing trainings, budgeting, and alike
- Operative follow-up and logistics for all executed activities
- Involve all partners and stakeholders to ensure optimum communication towards achievement of project objectives
- Support to develop the budget for activities in capacity development and financial education
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of capacity development and financial education activities
- Prepare reports on all activities and provide a monthly report
- Other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, banking, finance or any related subject; Master’s degree is a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Kenyan microfinance sector, especially in the fields of capacity development and financial education
- Have proven skills as a trainer and in development of training material
- Dynamic, creative, and fast moving in implementing activities
- Mature with high integrity and having a high degree of self-responsibility
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and MS Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili