Chief Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Alternate Doors Jobs, Hospitality Jobs
Our Client in the hospitality industry is currently looking to hire a Chief Finance Officer.
- Planning: Preparation of annual financial plan with key objective for all cost centers of the hotel.
- Finance: Arrange and review external financing and ensure reports are forwarded as specified in the agreements. Management of internal finances by regular cash-flow, projections, business plans, petty cash reimbursements, control of debt collection, creditor’s payment as well as tax forecasting and payment.
- Audits: Co-ordinate with external auditors for completion of statutory audits at the end of each fiscal year and submit the necessary legal returns and ensures any follow-up and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Management and Administration: Ensure accurate, up-to-date accounting reports are produced as per policy.
- Internal Controls: Ensure efficient and effective financial management and controls within the hotel. By personal spot checks, regularly review all internal controls and system and ensure they are updated, upgraded and implemented.
- Legal Documents: Ensure proper review of all insurance policies and premiums. Ensure compliance with the laws pertaining to licenses within Kenya and the safe custody of the original documents thereof.
- Assets: Ensure proper compilation and maintenance of an accurate assets register for the hotel. Ensure all assets are recorded on procurement, correctly depreciated and properly disposed as and when necessary.
- Operating Equipment: Advise on the most appropriate equipment (e.g. computers, calculators, cash registers etc.) within the Finance department for efficient and optimum operations.
- Personnel Management: Participation in the recruitment of the right caliber of personnel to efficiently operate the finance department and ensure proper supervision, effective motivation, proper discipline and continuous training.
- General: Assist the General Manager and/or Director in any other duties relating to the hotel that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional Accountant Qualification in ACCA/ACA/ CPA-K
- At least 6-10 years of senior level experience preferably in the hospitality industry
- Accounting and Financial Principles – Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their proper application to hotels and general business transactions.
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong banking, insurance, and supplier relationships in an effort to provide the company with the most effective and least costly services.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage subordinate executives and managers in various roles and responsibilities.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have sharp business acumen with a firm understanding of critical success factors for operating a profitable, growing and highly complex five star hotel.
How to Apply
Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org