Job Title: Chief Operations Officer – Manufacturing
- Provide overall leadership to the operations function, with responsibility for: strategy development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, and leveraging technology; staff assessment and development; performance measurement and governance; and, communications with business units and senior management.
- Total management responsibility for manufacturing, including manufacturing engineering, warehousing, production planning, and maintenance
- Implement lean and 6-sigma manufacturing practices
- Develop a robust Sales & Operations Planning process that integrates demand, supply, and inventory planning capabilities. Coordinate with all functional leads to develop and align the business to plan.
- Develop and maintain the company’s organizational structure, including overseeing succession planning. Conduct monthly financial review meetings, perform sales forecasting, develop and approve departmental budgets and capital expenditure budgets, and manage the company’s Gross Profit and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization
- Develop visibility of growth in product family demand. Set a supply strategy that is aligned with the business and translate that into executional actions.
- Manage and control inventory, obsolescence, and working capital. Incorporate inventory positions and help facilitate supply decisions.
- Contribute to develop and then implement plans to optimize supply chain footprint to address cost and service targets.
- Implement professional procurement processes, including purchasing and transactional operations.
- Together with the Operations leadership team, provide vision and establish enterprise-wide manufacturing goals.
- Establish accountability in key processes by helping creating performance metrics and goals and then manage the business to meet and exceed these measures; drive continued performance improvement
- Oversee the preparation and responsible for the performance of the approved budgets and forecasts.
- Provide effective leadership including: development and implementing objectives; selecting key personnel and motivating members of the functional area; challenging employees to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Partner with sales, marketing, product development and other departments to ensure consistent and smooth operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement to operational effectiveness and efficiencies within all manufacturing functions.
- Ensure manufacturing is prepared for and is successful during internal/external regulatory inspections.
- Provide guidance and support for capital projects.
- Ensure Environmental, Safety, and Health requirements are achieved at each plant.
- Provide input and support to corporate people development objectives (i.e., performance calibration/talent pool management/succession planning, individual goal setting/performance reviews; training and development).
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and persistent business will to succeed.
- Planning and managing the company’s performance.
- Manage operations and processes within budget.
- Ability to enforce and maintain high standards, even under pressure.
- General and senior management skill
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Degree/Any Science Degree is Preferred. Post-Graduation in Marketing/Management is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in similar role
- Candidate shall possess hands on Marketing Experience of Hardware/Building Materials/similar products in the distribution channel. East African experience is an added advantage
- Exposure to managing Factory operations is an added benefit
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th March 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted