Job Opportunity: Director of Fundraising, External and Donor Relations
Department: Fundraising / External Relations
Direct Hierarchy: Country Director – Kenya / Somalia
Contract Duration: One Year
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travels to other countries in the Region
Start Date: April 2019
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population worldwide and to accompany them ¡n building a better future. ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its headquarters in Paris, France.
ACTED is looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professionals to fill the following post:
Director of Fundraising, External and Donor Relations
Under the authority of the Country Director, her/his specific duties will include:
Proposal Development and External Relations and Donor Strategy
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
- Contribute actively to ACTED’s positioning in Kenya and Somalia and ensure fundraising of ACTED’s programming strategy
Project Cycle Management and Reporting
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project cycle management;
- Train the staff to use the PCM guide and related tools and procedures, and notably follow up the implementation of the Project Management framework (PMF, ACTED PCM Tool) for all projects
- Set up a Resource Centre at the capital office regularly updated with appropriate and relevant external and internal resources.
- Diffuse Information to other internal stakeholders through the intranet and the regional office
- Ensure continuum of PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring ACTED in the media;
- Raise ACTED’s profile and credibility with external stake holders by communication a positive image of ACTEDs activities and engagements ¡n Kenya and Somalia
- Act as point of contact for all Donor communication, reporting including the organization of and hosting of Donor visits In the field for projects s/he Is in charge of.
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with other INGOs, UN Agencies, clusters, Consortia and academia.
- Liaise regularly with Country Coordinators, Project Development Manager, Project Managers and technical staff to ensure the production of quality reports across areas and across Donors;
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
- Extensive experience in fundraising and excellent donor relations and interaction.
- At least 5-10 years in high level project management (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programmes regionally or internationally.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken French and English is a mandatory
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications with the subject Director of fundraising, external and Donor relations accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees with the subject and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 29th March 2019.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer