Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at Drew Cares International-Rwanda February 2014
Vacancy ANNOUNCEMENT: Finance Assistant
FLSA status: full-time, conditional
Duty Station: Kigali with frequent travels up-country
Starting date: March 17, 2014
The Mission of Drew Cares International-Rwanda is to build local capacity for leadership in high quality, evidence-based, sustainable health programs in resource poor settings; to enhance the capacity of the Rwandan Defense Forces (RDF) and others to prevent HIV and provide high quality care and treatment to people living with HIV in Rwanda.
The Vision of Drew Cares International-Rwanda is to see Rwanda strong and self-sufficient in adequately responding to the health needs of its people and achieving a HIV free community by 2025.
Primary Value: The needs of the patient come first.
Drew CARES International is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening in the position of Finance Assistant who under the leadership of the Finance Manager will perform the following duties:
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the leadership of the Finance Manager; the Finance Assistant will be responsible ager, the finance assistant will be responsible for providing assistance in the day –to-day finance operations activities required in executing the Mission and Vision of Drew Cares International (DCI) in the delivery of HIV/AIDS care and treatment to the Rwanda Defense Forces that include; organization of finances, preparation of cheque vouchers, journal vouchers , recording of financial transactions and bank reconciliation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the fixed asset register for the DCI Rwanda programme; Conducts physical inventory of all DCI assets; at DCI headquarters in Kigali, all fixed clinics at least once in three months.
- Carries out surprise petty cash audit at least once a month at head office and once in a quarter for each fixed clinic as delegate and submit a report to the Country Director.
- Makes sure that VAT refund claims are remitted to the tax administration on a monthly basis.
- Stock control. Ensure that office supplies bought are numbered and recorded before stoking (stock- in). Makes sure that out of stock items are also counted and numbered. Provide a monthly report to the country Director.
- Petty cash replenishment for fixed clinics and head office. Prepares cheque requests and payment orders on fund transfers to fixed clinics after making sure that genuine supporting documents have been provided.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation for each fixed clinic account and provide a reconciliation report not later than 7th day of each month for the previous month.
- Verify the accuracy of vendors’ invoices, computations and other supporting documents to ensure completeness before a cheque is prepared.
- Maintain accounting records and an adequate filling system so that information can be quickly retrieved.
- Perform data entries on cheque request and petty cash replenishments, filling and photocopying,
- Prepares payroll liabilities on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure timely remittances for PAYE and social security fund,
- Ensures that the monthly financial reports submitted to Finance LA are complete, properly approved, with all supporting documents,
- Ensure that operation advance requests (OAR) are submitted to HQ on time after verifying the authenticity and accuracy of all supporting documents
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate training reinforced with considerable experience in finance, auditing, accounting and other related trainings
- Three (3) years or more of relevant work experience in accounting and finance preferable in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferably funded by USAID.
- Hands-on experience in bookkeeping, accounting, journal entries and preparation of financial statements
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, laws, rules and regulations on grants and contracts.
- Proven hands on experience in QuickBooks use supported by a certificate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal support and supervision,
- Strong technical and organizational skills,
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships,
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel local and international,
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the use of computer systems and related software,
- Proficient in MS word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community
Applications are accepted until March 3, 2014 at 5pm Kigali Time. Only selected Candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email for interview. Qualified candidates may submit a resume, cover letter addressed to the Country Director, certified copy of the academic degree and certificates as well as 2 letters of reference to:
Drew CARES INTERNATIONAL
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
By Hand: Plot 873, South KACYIRU,
Past Netherlands Embassy
Behind British Embassy
– DCI Rwanda is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
– Submitted documents will not be returned