Job Title: Theatre Technician
The Mater Misericordiae Hospital, a leading Health Care provider is seeking to fill the above position.
Reporting to the Unit In-charge, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Responsible for disinfection, preparation, cleanliness and maintenance of the operating room before and after surgery and assists in bringing patient to the operating room.
- Maintains cleanliness in the operating room and ensures adequacy of provisions before a surgery.
- Clean and disinfect surgical instruments and equipment after surgery.
- Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
- Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional.
- Prepares the patient before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery.
- Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery.
- Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Attends to the needs of the patient while inside the operating room.
- Assist surgeon during the procedure.
- Assist nursing staff in keeping patient safe during the procedure by assisting RN with the application of restraints and following the recommended protocol.
- Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
- Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure/surgery.
- Diploma in Theatre technology
- Minimum 2 year’s experience as a Theatre Technician.
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and keen on detail
- Excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above positions and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV, three  referees and include their TELEPHONE CONTACTS and EMAIL ADDRESSES to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than Friday 22nd March 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis on first come first served.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.