- KCSE Certificate (C-) with at least (C-) in English.
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m)
- Office Management III
- Business English III
- Secretarial Studies II
- Commerce II
- Shorthand III (100 w.p.m)
- Office Practice II
- The above qualification should be from KNEC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exemplary work performance.
- Diploma in Secretarial studies will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience a Senior Secretary II.
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi- cultural and multi- ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect to diversity.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Have demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the head of department:
- Receive telephone calls and perform public relations duties.
- Type from manuscripts
- Take dictation in shorthand and transcribe
- Operate the office petty cash.
- Supervise staff under him/her
- Undertake routine office duties with little or no supervision.
- Access and utilize online information.
- Draft official correspondence and handle confidential documents.
- Assist in coordinating training, workshops and conferences.
- Take charge of documents and files including classified materials
- Ensure security of the office documents and equipment
- Guide and supervise junior staff and where necessary give counsel
- Any other duties that may be assigned/directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Appointment/Promotion to this post will be subject to availability of a vacancy in the establishment.
How to Apply
Applications in ten (10) copies, should be submitted together with a detailed curriculum vitae detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service; copies of relevant certificates, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicant must obtain clearance from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,
Kenya Revenue Authority, certificate of Good Conduct and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Accountant I, Executive Secretary II, Senior Secretary and Senior Internal Audit Assistant II should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance on the address indicated below on or before 5:00pm on 28th, January 2019.
Deputy Vice- Chancellor Administration, Finance & Planning,
Maasai Mara University
PO. Box 861-20500
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.