Administrative Assistant Job Vacancy at World Food Programme in Rwanda February 2014
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Type of contract /level:
Date of closure:
Service Contract, SC-5
performance and availability of funding)
2 March 2014
Duties and responsibilities:Under the general supervision of the Head of Admin/Fin and the direct supervision of the Admin/Fin Officer, within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Label and record in the Assets Management Database (AMD) WFP new inventory items; ensure regular track of WFP equipment in the AMD, maintain an Excel table for physical inventory check;
- Delete disposed items from the Database;
- Conduct physical inventory;
- Ensure the distribution of office stationary is done properly and timely advise supervisors on replenishment;
- Monitor water usage of the compound and arrange for timely replenishment;
- Monitor the work of the cleaning company in the office building, the garden, the lawns and the collection of garbage;
- Ensure that repairs of the building and other premises of the compound and the furniture are timely reported to the supervisors;
- Assist the Transport Assistant in the fuel consumption tracking and reporting;
- Draft and type various correspondence and reports (inventory, water, protocol, fuel consumption reports, office stationary …);
- Serve as a contact person for maintenance of office equipment (computers, network, photocopiers, printers, telephone, fax, generator etc.)
- Process the custom clearing of items purchased abroad and personal effects for International staff;
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Education: A university degree in Business Administration, economics, law, management or any related fields.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, logistics, accounting/finance and law.
Knowledge: Excellent computer skills (Windows programs, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point).
Language: Good command of English or French (both written and verbal communication) and working knowledge of the other. A good level in Kinyarwanda.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills (Additional skills which the candidate should possess to provide a competitive edge versus other candidates):
Knowledge of WFP standard software packages. General knowledge of UN system.
Submission of applications:
An application letter accompanied with an updated detailed CV (including at least names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 work referees), photocopies of your Rwandan National ID or work permit, degrees and/or diplomasshould be addressed to WFP Representative and Country Director to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 2 March 2014.
Please put both the vacancy notice number and post title on the application subject. Candidates will be requested to show the original documents before any final decision is made.
- Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Application without all the above requirements will not be considered.
- Application materials will not be returned.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.