Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world.
One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve over 600,000 farm families with more than 6,000 fulltime field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The Master Card Foundation and Gates Foundation.
The One Acre Fund Duka is a new project being run by the Program Innovations team whose goals are to test demand for different products, provide a high quality customer service experience to customers, and expand One Acre Fund’s presence in different communities. The first One Acre Fund Duka will be located in Kakamega. The Shop Assistant will work with the Shop Supervisor to sell products to farmers and offer advice to clients.
Sales & Marketing
- Assist the shop supervisor in making recommendations to clients based on their specific needs.
- Explain the benefits of various products.
- Suggest products for clients to purchase.
- Provide all clients with quality customer service.
- Answer customer questions and respond promptly to customer complaints.
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Shop organization & security
- Ensure the shop is swept on a daily basis and the shelves are organized.
- Carry products from the storeroom when clients purchase them.
- Monitor the shop to ensure that there is zero theft.
- Verify receipts for the collection of goods.
- Perform stock counts.
- Work effectively with the shop supervisor to ensure all customers have a positive experience in the shop
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Secondary education.
- KEPHIS certification or experience working in an Agrovetis a plus.
- Experience in sales,marketing, or business management.
- Excellent customer serviceskills.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Time management.
- A strong work ethic.
- Physically fit.
- English and Swahili required.
How To Apply
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Shop Assistant and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 12th February, 2019.
To apply, please click on this link
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.