Current open jobs : Senior Accountant employment vacancy
Recruitment opportunity : Nairobi County job vacancy
NCCASB 9 (Job Group ‘P’)
Salary Scale: Kshs. 84,080 x 4,200 – 88,280 x 4,420 – 92,700 x 4,620 – 97,320 x 4,880 – 102,200 x 5,110 107,310 x 5,350 – 112,660 p.m.
House Allowance Kshs. 45,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Kshs.12,000 p.m.
An Officer at this level will be deployed in the Accounts Department.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:-
- Monitoring implementation of Accounting Standards and systems for compliance including Integrated financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
- Supervise, Mentor and coach staff in the department
- Implement accounting policies, procedures, regulations and standards for operation and control purposes.
- Apply budgeted funds for operations and development as per budget allocation.
- Following up on Audit matters including compilation of memorandum in respect of the Office of the Auditor General, the National Treasury etc.
- Coordinating the preparation of Financial reports and statements i.e of quarterly and annually in compliance with IPSAS,PFM ACT 2012;
- Interpreting and implementing financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls.
- Maintaining appropriate and up to date accounting records;
- Preparing management and statutory reports which include monthly Expenditure returns, monthly bank reconciliations, revenue/AIA returns, Cash flow statements, analysis of deposits and final accounts;
- Assisting in the Administration of the Accounting Department
- Providing advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the County Assembly;
- Development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls
- Authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least served for cumulative five (5) years three (3) of which should be in Job Group ‘N’ in relevant positions in the Public Service and in a supervisory role.
- Must have Masters Degree and A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance / Commerce or related field
- Currently registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK holder).
- Must have attended a management course for four weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional competence in the field of Accounting Services ; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- KRA Clearance Certificate
- Compliance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- EACC clearance.
- Candidates with foreign degrees MUST obtain accreditation from the commission of Higher Education of Kenya.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted and will be required to produce originals documents during the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one NCCASB application form. The form may be downloaded from the Nairobi City County Assembly’s website www.nairobiassembly.go.ke.
Applicants are required to submit their applications, duly completed NCCASB application form together application letter, certified copies of certificates, testimonials, copy of Identity Card and a detailed CV indicating current day time telephone number and full contact details of three referees. The application should be delivered in a sealed envelope marked vacancy no. and the position and the specific area applied for and HAND DELIVERED to the office of the Clerk, Nairobi City County Assembly located at Main City Hall, 2nd floor Room 273 so as to reach him not later than 19th February, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Nairobi City County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 45844-00100