Our client is one of the leading 3 star hotel in one of the upmarket neibourhoods in Nairobi. They seek to hire a seasoned person in the role of Sales and Marketing Director.
The purpose of this role shall be to promote the hotel and its services to maintain a steady flow of customers across the year. Ideal candidate should be very knowledgeable with the marketing strategies, public relations and branding within hospitality.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic Leadership – ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability.
- Analytical – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans.
- Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Develop and execute short range Marketing plans and programs, to ensure the hotel brand equity growth and expansion of products and services that enhance the brand.
- Manage promotional and advertising initiatives in line with Hotels brand standards
- Drive Hotel research objectives
- Coordinate unit PR activities
- Responsible for managing and delivering the day to day marketing activity for the hotel in line with the agreed marketing strategy to support the delivery for hotel revenue targets
- Responsible for the management and growth of the hotel data and the targeted use of the database
- Contribute to the creative process from creative briefs to delivery for all hotel communication, collateral and websites
- To manage and coordinate the hotel communications plan to ensure that all communications are targeted at the right audience and delivered on time.
- Ensure that there is proper tracking of every marketing activity to deliver on planned ROI
- Ensure that all hotel activities have brand consistency and are clear in the communication strategy
- Coming up with innovation, creative and cost effective online campaigns
- Ensure that the best possible rates are achieved through suppliers when ordering material and services
- Manage market research activities to provide information relating to market potential and market conditions
- Manage research and development programs and activities to facilitate introduction of new products or processes or recommend improvements to existing products or processes
- Direct the investigation of trends and market developments within the competitive set and provide marketing recommendations to management
- Monitor competitors’ activities
- Enforce the visual identity for all hotel activities
- Preserve consistency while ensuring that all branded materials express the most effective and recognizable company message
- Collateral development and management.
- Ensure brand presence in all key events.
- Identify the need gap across all Hotel functions ( Rooms Division, F&B and MOD)
- Liaise with all hotel functional teams in product development
- Facilitate review of existing products through research.
- Constant review of all hotels website content and functionality
- Liaise with Web Marketing Manager on website updates
- Monitor and share competitor online activities
- Ensure brand consistency across all online media channels
- Monitor reviews on all online media channels and provide feedback.
- Engage 3rd party sites and social media channels to increase brand awareness and online revenue generation.
Promotions & Advertising
- Execute marketing strategies and direct advertising and promotional activities.
- Communicate with advertising agency, designers on on-going campaigns and production of promotional materials; prepare communication briefs, follow up with designers and printers.
- Consult and work closely with the General Manager on developing advertising and promotion activities both below the line and above the line.
- Identify strategic brand partnership and events for promotional purposes.
- Manage all the department’s merchandise.
- Maintain an updated database and ensure timely dissemination of all marketing communication.
PR & CSR
- Manage unit PR and CSR activities
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing or related business degree
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in similar capacity within hospitality industry
- Experience heading sales and marketing function in an international hotel brand is a plus
- Demonstrable experience in driving winning marketing strategies within a busy hotel setup
- Deep understanding of local, regional and international marketing tools
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Team player and a good listener
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Team leader with ability to integrate well with fellow mangers and at board level.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR – HOTEL” on the email subject line. Applications should be submitted latest 15th February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.