The Data & Field Office Support Specialist is tasked with providing significant support to the administrative and data systems side of our Field Operations program, while also aggressively working to make them ready to scale to achieve our ambitious targets year on year. This specialist will manage our Field Office Support (FOS) team (50+ staff) which facilitates weekly execution of our program in the Field and the Centralized Execution Audit (CEA) team (10-15 staff) which audits weekly execution.
Strategy and Vision
- Contribute to the Field Operations 5 Year Plan, annual ‘Objectives and Key Results’ goals and planning processes for the Field Operations Execution Team.
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold team accountable to delivering results in key strategic areas.
- Drive their team to scale our program to more clients efficiently, while maintaining a high level of service.
People Management Training
- Serve as direct management line to 3 mid-level management staff who oversees significant sub-teams (Field Office Support and Centralized Execution Audits). All told, oversee 64 full time staff.
- Management will include oversight, weekly reporting meetings, performance reviews and development, strategic direction and support.
- Ensure that all staff receive effective mentorship to promote career growth and capacity to handle the organization’s rapid growth.
- Personally lead training sessions for senior staff members.
- Lead and support hiring of staff members within your sub-team.
Team and Culture
- Within your sub-team, ensure all staff members are connected to the mission and feel motivated to serve our farmers each day
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Monitor team morale, plan and mitigate any changes that could create disharmony amongst staff.
- Implement best practices and initiatives that contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Make Field Operations and One Acre Fund a great place to work.
Career Growth And Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience
- People management experience is a huge plus
- Well-organized with demonstrated experience managing projects with high degree of complexity and detail
- Ability and demonstrated experience to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Willingness to ask questions, comfort pointing out challenges or mistakes and an ability to give clear, direct
and professional upward and downward feedback
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of Kenya for at least two years
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite required
- Language: English required in Kenya. Swahili-speakers strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply