Located in Tatu City Coffee Park in Ruiru, Sustainable Management Services Ltd is a leading Agri-Business services provider offering a wide range of coffee marketing solutions to our stakeholder’s all over the country.
We pride ourselves in providing sustainable coffee management practices and solutions that focus on improving productivity and product quality for better returns for our clients.
Applications are invited for the position of Sustainability Supervisor – Agronomy.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist who can develop better coffee farming practices and find effective solutions for our client, the coffee farmer.
Overall Job Purpose: To be the lead agronomist who focuses on developing and promoting better coffee agronomy practices for our clients country wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop better planting plans, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve farmer agronomy problems
2. Researching developing and promoting farming practices that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather or those that prevent damages from pests and diseases
3. Frequent field visits to collect plant and soil samples for testing for nutritional deficiencies, diseases or other changes.
4. Oversee the plant material selection process and the development of planting schedules, budgets and timelines
5. Develop farmer record metrics regarding field activities, yields, crops, samples etc
6. Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients and other interested parties
7. Training to promote products and GAPS through educational presentations.
1. Assist with the Implementation of project goals as per project deliverables
2. Deliver on Certification requirements
3. Undertake / support in business sourcing
4. Support in sale of farm inputs and credit.
5. Develop Concept notes and assist in fund raising for new programs
6. Manage partner relationships
- A Bsc degree in the field of Agriculture, Agriculture Education & Extension or Equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Advance knowledge of project management in the field of agronomy services and certification
- A strong understanding of global standard requirements and experience in implementing Utz, FLO and other certifications in coffee.
- Good awareness and understanding on sustainability and conservation issues
- Computer skills with advanced appreciation working with Microsoft Word and Excel. Use of an ERP is an added advantage
- Analytical and Accuracy Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills who can communicate clearly to all cadres of people
If you meet the above requirements please send your application with a covering letter and CV to the address below by 7th December 2018.
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 18630-00500