Middle Office Business Analyst Job at Co-operative Bank
Are you a highly motivated professional with genuine interest in finance and treasury functions and looking for an opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced environment?
This position at Co-operative Bank presents you with the opportunity to grow and develop an exciting career that will allow you to utilize your knowledge of the treasury functions, the financial sector, banking services and capital markets to make valuable contributions within Finance.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Middle Office professional with strong expertise in treasury operations, risk management and financial analysis, as well as a full knowledge of Treasury/FX products.
Reporting to Manager Middle Office, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring integrity of Treasuries’ business risk control, P&L monitoring, reconciliation and reporting, positions keeping, KPI/KRI reporting whilst ensuring compliance with accounting standards, prudential requirements and the bank’s policies.
The role holder will also be tasked with a responsibility of addressing any adhoc reporting/product support requests for treasury and mitigating any risks that may arise.
Middle Office Business Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Ensure reporting is done under compliance with International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards. Highlight key risk indicators and actively escalate any potential operational risk issues or unusual events in Middle Office activities.
- Distribute the foreign exchange, fixed income and ALM P&L flash, provide P&L commentary explaining key drivers and respond to adhoc/new product reporting requests.
- Perform open positions reconciliation across all asset classes, ensuring that the front office managed positions reconcile to those settled in the ledger. Ensure adequate review of trades with significant P/L and ensure adequate commentary and documentation is in place.
- Perform the adequate reconciliation of the treasury transaction processing system to the general ledger for P/L and M-T-M Accounts, as well as substantiation of M-T-M Balance Sheet back to deal level detail.
- Oversee the exception based monitoring of cancel and amends and off market rate deals as well as trades with negative spread across all asset classes and correct valuation of treasury balance sheet across all asset classes.
- Work with the back office and market risk to ensure accuracy of end of day rates used to revalue open positions. Highlighting and escalating of off—market transactions or cancelled and amended deals.
- Work in liaison with the front office to obtain dealer estimates for all product lines and to resolve exceptions between estimates and flash P/L satisfactorily before distribution.
- Ensure all deals are posted correctly on T+1 and where with issues adequate follow up and closure of issues is done.
Qualifications for the Middle Office Business Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other business related field preferred.
- Professional Qualification – ACI accreditation or Risk Management certification, CPA, ACCA, CISA, CFA qualification is desirable.
- Overall exposure in the financial services sector and preferably 7 years’ experience in the Banking Sector with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Treasury Middle Office.
- Excellent understanding of Treasury Operations, Risk Management Knowledge, analytical with a general knowledge of the Banks’ Treasury Products, pricing& experienced in Treasury Finance.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills twinned with an active and avid interest in finance & trading.
- Good understanding of the CBK and Banking acts/prudential guidelines and their implications on the organization as well as Knowledge of the banks KYC, AML, Risk Management and Compliance policies.
- Good Communication skills both written and oral with the ability to maintain detailed and accurate record of transactions and handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, organizational, Strong problem solving skills and an ability to demonstrate sound judgment to execute solutions.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number MOBA/FD/2018 as the subject of your email by 3rd October, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.