Energy Manager Job at Co-operative Bank
We are an Innovative and Agile Bank where we explore new frontiers and possibilities in the way we operate with each business partners to drive efficiencies and generate green solutions. By being proactive in the market to ensure energy efficiencies and conservation measures are well aligned to investment plans and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidates needs to be keen to detail, cost conscious and be creative in coming up with energy budgets that are adopted by the vendors at all times. You are adept at training and educating all staff on the energy reduction and local regulatory requirements. We are looking for a self-driven experienced professional to drive this mindset and display resilience even under fire. If this sounds like you then consider this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Head, Projects and Facilities, within the Sourcing and Facilities team, the Energy Manager will be charged with the responsibility of meeting regulatory requirements by identifying, monitoring and recording of energy levels and usage within the bank.
Energy Manager Job Responsibilities
- Prepare checklists and circulate to capture weekly, monthly and annual energy consumption in the business.
- Prepare and maintain records of diesel, water and electricity consuming equipment for all premises.
- Identify high energy consuming facilities and implement energy efficiency practices to reduce energy consumption.
- Monitor costs and control capital expenditure for projects within the agreed budget.
- Prepare reports, propose and set minimization measures to be taken by those companies contracted by the Bank.
- Arrange and ensure energy audits are carried out regularly and keep up to date with changes in legislation in accordance with the Energy Management Regulations ACT 2012.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and initiatives, including ERC energy performance directives.
- Educate and train all staff by having innovate ideas to raise awareness on how to act in an energy efficient way.
- Be proactive in driving new initiatives and adopting new more energy efficient technologies.
- Control Capital Expenditure for projects ensuring that they are within agreed budget, time and quality during design and implementation/supervision stages.
Qualifications for the Energy Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Certification as an Energy auditor by ERC or postgraduate diploma in energy management will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a role handling, monitoring, reporting energy consumption trends.
- Knowledge of industry requirements and regulatory compliance coupled with a good understanding of legislation energy management.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in the quick time frames.
- Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff and vendors at all levels, internally and externally.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number EM/SSD/2018 by 3rd October, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.