KEPHIS, a State Corporation in the Agricultural Sector invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the following positions:
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Identification of plants, seeds, pests, diseases and weeds.
- Preparation of laboratory analysis reports and data.
- Sampling and sample handling for quality analysis.
- Maintenance of reference collections.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintenance of accreditation and ISO certification.
Laboratory Technologist Job Qualifications
- Diploma in applied biology, plant pathology, entomology, biotechnology, molecular biology, seed technology or its equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya.
- At least 1 year experience.
- Experience on analysis using modern tools.
- Ability to identify plants, seeds, pests, diseases and weeds.
- Knowledgeable of basic equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team with minimum supervision.
- Experience with laboratory Quality Management system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should fill the employment application form through the website (www.kephis.org) or download the form from the website and send the duly filled form together with copies of academic and professional certificates and national identity card by 21st June, 2018 to:
The Managing Director,
P.O Box 49592 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi.
Use only one method of application: either online through the KEPHIS website or hard copy.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; duly filled employment application form, certified copies of the relevant certificates; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.