ICT Officer Job at The Kenya National Examinations Council
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.
The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
ICT Officer Ii (Software Development): Knec Scale Ec 9 (2 Posts) – Readvertisement
The ICT Officer will be reporting to a Head of Section in the ICT Department.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology, or equivalent qualification;
- Software Certification, for example MCSD;
- Database Certification, Microsoft or Oracle;
- Must have served as ICT Officer III or at least 3 years relevant work experience as a software developer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis, including the choice of application architecture and framework, leading to the budget and schedule for the project design;
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods; 12.2.3 Participate in software product definition, requirement analysis, including business case or gap analysis specification, requirements analysis;
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costing for recommending software purchases and upgrade;
- Test, debug, diagnose and rectify errors and faults in computers applications within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification;
- Gather feedback from stakeholders to improve application quality and reduce operational risk of the developed application;
- Participate in software release and post-release activities, including support for product launch and competitive analysis for subsequent product build/release cycles and maintenance.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms Of Offer
The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply. For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke