Program Officer Job at NASCOP
JG ‘M’ – 1 POSITION
Location: Turkana County
National AIDs and STI Control Program (NASCOP) is a Unit under the Ministry of Health that works to strengthen and support prevention of HIV, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub-County health facilities. This program is part of the Ministry of Health initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from Global Fund against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the National Treasury.
The Ministry plans to recruit several staff to support the implementation of activities at both National and County levels. The contract period is one year which is renewable yearly subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
This officer will form part of the Targeted Interventions secretariat. The Program Officer will be responsible for prevention of infections in high HIV risk groups and general population with planned targeted interventions (TIs).
Co-ordinate with various stakeholders in the implementation of Combination HIV prevention and treatment interventive (COMBO). Coordinate, monitor and evaluate targeted intervention initiatives at the County and liaison with NASCOP.
Roles for the Program Officer Job
- Ensuring work plan and budget for targeted interventions are adhered to and implemented in a timely manner
- Prepare reports to the GF TWG _ Combo prevention initiative on the progress of targeted interventions
- At the County level the program officer will assist the Health Management team to collect targeted interventions data in the County, collate and analyze, then forward the same through CASCO to SIMU manager at NASCOP.
- Work with the focal person in coordination of all targeted intervention activities in the county
- Ensure timely supply of commodities to the targeted intervention activities with the County Health
- Management teams
- Prepare monthly quarterly and annual reports on the targeted interventions of HIV/AIDS activities at County level.
- Participate in surveillance activities on targeted interventions at the County level
- Coordinate and participate in the County level monthly and quarterly meetings
- Ensure timely reporting and regular reporting of all targeted intervention activities
- Participate in supervisory visits with the CASCO to assist in data collection and verification
- Work closely with the County Health Management Teams.
Program Officer Job Requirements
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Clinical medicine, Nursing, Public health or any other related field.
- Experience in HIV and TB health care and research settings will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Submit hardcopy application of your current CV, certified copies of professional certificates and a copy of ID to NASCOP reception at Afya Annex, near KNH grounds, during office hours on or before 31st October, 2017.
Also send soft copies of your applications and necessary attachments to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.