Oct/Nov 2017 KENAS Chief Executive Officer Job in Kenya
Employment Position -KENAS Chief Executive Officer
KENAS Chief Executive Officer Jobs opportunity Oct/Nov 2017
The Kenya Accreditation Service (KENAS) is a state corporation and the sole National Accreditation Body (NAB) mandated under Legal notice No.55 of May 2009 to provide accreditation services in Kenya and beyond.
KENAS is mandated to provide accreditation services to the conformity assessment bodies (CABS) so that consumers are guaranteed quality goods and services.
Accredited CABs provide quality products and services to consumers and also ensure that their health, safety and economic interests are protected as stipulated in the Constitution.
KENAS gives formal attestation that Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) are competent to carry out specific conformity assessment activities.
KENAS is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
Chief Executive Officer
Ref: KENAS HR/KAS 1-10/17
KENAS seeks to recruit a visionary dynamic leader for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible to the Board for execution and communication of Board’s strategies, decisions and policies and day-to-day management of the KENAS for the achievement of its objectives.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for growth and development of Kenya
Key Responsibilities Duties
- Lead across all aspects of the organization in liaison with the Board
- Direct overall organization activities of KENAS in line with its mandate, policies and programmes
- Direct the attainment and maintenance of bilateral and multilateral arrangements for ease of flow of goods and services across our borders through accredited conformity assessment.
- dAdvocate / promote the organization to stakeholders and regulators.
- Direct the development of KENAS strategic plan in line with the mandate of the organization.
- Guide the development of KENAS budgets and establish proper internal controls by exercising prudent financial and administrative management.
- Oversee the implementation of transparent and prudent procurement and operational processes while ensuring integrity of the affairs of KENAS.
- Direct engagements of strategic partnerships and collaborative efforts at national, regional and international levels
- Oversee the implementation of corporate policies and foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate governance.
- Assure business continuity through an effective management structure, including succession planning and sound risk management framework
- Mobilize resources and ensure effective utilization in the institution
- Engage the office of the Cabinet Secretary, Principal Secretary and other officials from the parent Ministry for effective service delivery.
- Must have a Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- At least 15 year work experience with 10 years in a managerial role.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Standards and Quality Management.
- Membership to relevant professional bodies
- Must demonstrate visionary leadership and be result oriented
- Must demonstrate commitment to the principles and practice of Ethical Conduct
- Must possess strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Must demonstrate ability to develop and build respect from staff, colleagues and all stakeholders.
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about Standards and Quality Management and meet the above requirements, please send your application including copies of academic and professional certificates; testimonials; a copy of national identity card; and detailed curriculum vitae, current and expected remuneration, and telephone number(s), names and address of the three (3) referees, certificates from KRA, EACC, HELB,CRB ,certificate of good conduct from CID and all relevant documents
not later than 5.00pm on 13th November 2017 attention:
The Board Chairman
Kenya Accreditation Service
Kenya Accreditation Service
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
No hand or postal delivery.
For more details on KENAS mandate, please visit http://kenas.go.ke/.