Network Operation Centre Engineer Job at Viscar Capacity
Exciting Career Opportunity for Network Operation Centre Engineers with Leading Telecommunications Firm …
Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in East Africa, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position. The position holder will report to the Team Manager – Network Operations Centre and will be responsible for end to end Fault Management in Technology which includes Alarm Monitoring, First Level troubleshooting and resolution, Trouble Ticket Management and faults escalation to 2nd level.
Responsibilities for the Network Operation Centre Engineer Job
- To develop and analyse relevant daily/weekly/monthly reports on various key aspects of the NOC section;
- To issue regular updates on service/network outages to the Technology, Enterprise Business Unit, Consumer Business Unit and Customer Operations divisions;
- To actively follow up on Major/Critical Incidents in collaboration with the Regional Networks Team, Incident Management team and other stakeholders;
- To perform alarms monitoring and First line fault resolution across the RAN, VAS, CORE, NPS, TRANSPORT and DATA (fixed/mobile) domains;
- To do Network Trouble Ticket (NTT) Management including creation of Trouble Tickets for network faults detected; tracking and update of TT status during its lifecycle (e.g. opened, assigned, dispatched, resolved, closed, etc.); tracking of all key information on TT (e.g. date/time of TT creation, organizational group that created TT, description of first diagnosis, etc.);
- To work closely with the Change and Logical Access team to ensure logical access for all key RAN, CORE, VAS, TRANSPORT and DATA tools is done efficiently and effectively;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the business, and to engage internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications for the Network Operation Centre Engineer Job
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics engineering/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Telecoms engineering.
- At least 1 year of work experience in telecoms preferably in a GSM environment, field operations or network management.
- Highly analytical with strong reporting and presentation skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their respective job application with a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, reference letters and details of referees stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the field of interest directly to email@example.com