Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the main responsibility of the position is to assist the Director of Food & Beverage in managing the overall hygiene programme as an efficient and productive cost and service centre ensuring a seamless operation and therefore contribute to maximising guest satisfaction.
The Hygiene Manager ensures that the hotel is fully in line with local and International hygiene standards and assists in guiding, correcting, planning and organising Culinary and Stewarding operations.
Responsibilities for the Hygiene Manager Job
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage team members have an adequate knowledge of food hygiene.
- Organise Food hygiene meetings and trainings and keep accurate records of all trainings and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that trainings are understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on the job trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Develop class room trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Chief Steward in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly F&B reports.
- To ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counters, buffets and displays for the restaurants and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside caterings.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside caterings to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relation.
- Contribute sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Develop a regular pest control programme with the Stewarding department to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third party hygiene consultants to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside caterings for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Qualifications for the Hygiene Manager Job
- A degree in BA/BSc in Food Production or food safety related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Certified in food safety/ HACCP or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Have a complete understanding of food safety standards/ procedures.
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position and job reference number in the subject line of the e- mail.
All applications must reach us by close of business on 15th February 2017. We look forward to receiving your application. Due to the volume of applications received, please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidates may be contacted for interview before the close of the application deadline. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Villa Rosa Kempinski