The Opportunity We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to be based in our Nairobi office, working on a project for the design and deployment of a new financial coding structure for Save the Children.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst who can partner with the business and technology functions to support the delivery of international projects with strong business change elements.
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst NGO Job
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to elicit, analyse, translate, and document people, processes, and platform requirements
- Analyse, document, and test program development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures
- Work with Solution Architects/Developers to ensure the system solution can be feasibly implemented and satisfies business/user requirements
- Work within the project team to deliver incremental business value to users following an Agile methodology
- Identify any potential conflicting business requirements, definition gaps, dependencies between projects, and escalate to project manager to formulate a resolution plan
- Maintain accurate, version controlled, documentation over the project lifecycle which is readily available to key stakeholders In order to be successful you will have:
Business Analyst NGO Job Requirements
- Relevant, degree or higher, qualifications in Computing and/or Business Analysis.
- A proven ability to understand and manage stakeholder requirements/drivers and project expectations
- Proven business requirements gathering and process/workflow analysis skills
- A demonstrable ability to write high quality requirements / user stories
- An ability to identify skills gaps in target user groups and work with the change management team to formulate capacity building plans
- An excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Experience with UX/UI design including wireframe and rapid prototype development
- In depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile/Waterfall)
- Understanding of modelling techniques, such as unified modelling language
- Experience of working with offshore project team members is desirable On a personal level you’ll have strong interpersonal and communication skills, cultural awareness and the tenacity to succeed in a highly matrixed global organisation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in registering your interest, please apply here using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document.
Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.