Tourism Fund Finance & Administration Director Job in Nairobi, Kenya October 2016
Jobs opening : Finance & Administration Director Work in Kenya Oct 2016
Employment Vacancy : Tourism Fund recruitment in Kenya 2016
Tourism Fund (TF) is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act, 2011 which came into operation on 1st September, 2012 vide special issue Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 93 of 24th August, 2012.
The Board of Trustees seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Director, Finance & Administration
Location: NHIF Building, Parking Tower, 5th Floor
Job Type: Three (3) Years Contract
Job Group: 2
Job Summary: The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating finance, Human Capital and Administration, ICT and procurement functions of the Organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To formulate strategic objectives that will translate into the realization of the Fund’s mandate.
- To lead the development of the directorate’s strategy while ensuring its alignment with the overall strategy.
- To provide leadership and coordinate administrative support services including Finance, Human Capital, Procurement and Information & Communication Technology.
- To provide leadership in the development and implementation of the directorate budget to ensure optimal allocation of resources in the implementation of the directorate strategy.
- To provide leadership in the development and implementation of budgets, policies and procedures to support the achievement of the Fund’s strategy.
- To provide leadership in development of timely and quality work plans for staff at all levels, derived from the directorate overall strategy to ensure effective implementation of the strategy.
- In charge of the development of the performance measurement tool and its implementation in bi-annual staff appraisals.
- To ensure there are financial resources, Human resources and assets necessary for the delivery of services.
- To mentor and coach staff members within the directorate to enhance work performance as set out in the appraisal schemes.
- To coordinate the development of staff in line with both individual and institutional performance objectives.
- To coordinate and supervise Finance, Human Capital and Administration services, Procurement and ICT
- To establish and implement policy framework for attracting, motivating, developing and retaining staff
- To ensure prudent management and utilization of resources
- To ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements
- Safe custody of official records and documents
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on overall performance of the Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related area from a recognized university
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or its equivalent from a recognized university
- The Certified Public Accountants, Kenya (CPA-K) qualification
- membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing
- At least ten (10) years of experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management level.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in chapter 6 of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the public service values and principles as defined in the constitution.
- A strategic thinker and team player with excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in Public Finance, Human Resource Management, Strategic Planning and Result Based Performance.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of relevant legislations in regard to public financial management, public procurement, labor and industrial relations
- Demonstrate knowledge of budgeting processes
- Be proficient in the use of modern technology based information management systems.
- Demonstrate Managerial and leadership skills including motivating, mentoring, developing, coaching and leading teams.
- Demonstrate professional competence and administrative capacity required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of the functional areas
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills including motivating, mentoring, developing and coaching teams
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed curriculum vitae, professional certificates and testimonials
The candidate must also attach the following
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- EACC clearance
- HELB clearance certificate
- Valid KRA compliance itax certificate.
- Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau
Applications clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ……………………………… ” to be addressed to:
P.O. Box 46987 – 00100
P.O. Box 46987 – 00100
Soft copy applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach on or before 24th October 2016.
No hard copies will be accepted.
Minorities and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply