International Rescue Committee Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) Job in Nairobi- Kenya 2016
Jobs opening : Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) vacancy in Kenya Sept 2016
Employment Vacancy : International Rescue Committee careers in Kenya Sept 2016
- To deputize the supply chain manager in his absence and ensure there is continuity of entire supply chain activities in support of the program
- Manage all staff employed in the supply chain Department who are directly under him & supporting operations for Kakuma Program by assigning of duties through Delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Plan and conduct staff performance reviews for supply chain staff directly under his staff management and map out the staff performance development plan.
- Responsible for logistics and procurement activities for planning, organizing and developing the long term strategy and approach of IRC supply chain
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for waybills, inventory records and other logistical records.
- To ensure all supply chain activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
- To ensure that the necessary Supply chain and organization is effected for all projects.
- Where necessary, to manage, or support, the development and proper functioning of any project office deemed necessary to support the programme.
- To assess potential projects as requested by Supply chain Manager
- To familiarize yourself with the IRC supply chain Manual and comply with the policies outlined in the IRC supply chain Manual.
- To complete required reports and submit a monthly supply chain reports to supply chain Manager.
- Receive and review all Purchase Request from Program Staff and other operations departments.
- Ensure updated master purchase agreement data base for all the prequalified suppliers for both services and Goods for IRC authorized suppliers in Kakuma operation
- Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and supply chain policies and procedures.
- Proper record keeping and updated procurement of services and goods documentations in the procurement sector.
- Ensure that IRC procedures are followed in all spheres. Carry out staff orientation where necessary.
- Ensure that up to date files for price guide / catalogues / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
- Review all procurement documents before sending it for approval and ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
- Prepare weekly procurement reports and send to all programmes
- Prepare monthly procurement commitment reports and send to all programmes.
- Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement / supply chain Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are in place in Kakuma.
- To attend meetings when requested by the supply chain manager
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC.
- To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
- To carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Monthly Procurement report
- Monthly PR tracking and performance card
- Commitments report to Finance
- Any other procurement reports required by LC or direct Supervisor.
- Degree in supply chain or Logistics & supplies management or any another relevant field
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
- Positive attitude with good sense of humour;
- Committed team player;
- Ability to live and work in a fairly isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort;
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel);
- At least Three years’ experience working as a logistician;
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previous NGO work, work in Africa, experience in repairing/maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF).
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.