Chief of Party, Kenya
About Engility: Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world.
As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers.
Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Description: International Resources Group (IRG), an Engility Company, is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM).
The purpose of KIM is to promote private sector growth for development gains.
In simplified terms, the effort looks to identify small businesses (and larger when applicable) and entrepreneurs, and mobilize all forms of capital with technical assistance and transaction advisory services–both by itself and in partnership with other USAID programming–to seed enterprise growth at SCALE.
The intended project will promote private sector growth through a comprehensive and integrated focus on finance, investment, entrepreneurship, and innovation to support the objectives of the United States Presidential Initiatives including: agriculture’s Feed the Future (FTF), Power Africa, Trade Africa, and Global Climate Change, as well as the USAID’s Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Resilience; and Enhancing Capacity for Low Emissions Development Strategies (EC-LEDS) funded by USAID.
Primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the Contract, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the Contract.
This individual must identify issues and risks related to Contract implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments.
This individual must act as the key liaison with USAID/Kenya and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Kenya officials involved with the Contract and the FtF program.
The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, an ability to cope with multiple interests and challenges, experience in developing countries, and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, agriculture, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of senior management experience on USAID or other donor-funded Private Sector Development/Economic Growth development programs preferred.
- At least 5 years of work experience in private sector enterprise development or financial services in an emerging market economy required.
- Proven success in managing large multicultural teams of junior and senior staff in developing countries.
- Strong interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range of stakeholders including government ministries, impact investment funds, the private sector, NGOs and other donors.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience in Kenya highly preferred.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.
Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us via our home page.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: 19 Sep 2016