Co-operative Bank Branch Manager Job in Kenya September 2016
Recent Job vacancy : Co-operative Bank Careers 2016
Jobs description : Branch Manager Vacancy In Kenya Sept 2016
Are you agile and passionate about business development and service excellence?
Reporting to the Regional Head – Coast Region, the role holder will proactively market the bank products and services to both current and prospective clients in order to maintain a competitive edge in the market.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Branch Management & Administration – this will involve planning, organizing, leading, administering and controlling all the operations of the branch and ensure that branch assets are held in safe custody by ensuring that all procedures are correctly and consistently followed.
- Marketing and business development – Prepare and implement the branch marketing strategies and plans, identify and pursue areas of profitable business, develop annual targets that the branch must achieve with respect to business development, maintain and coordinate relations amongst internal and external customers of the bank.
- Ensure excellent customer service by providing prompt and efficient response and resolution of customer complaints /queries while ensuring customer confidentiality. It will also involve innovation and provision of products that suit customer needs.
- Credit administration – ensure that credit is administered as per the laid out credit guidelines, monitor and make decisions on challenging or complex accounts and carry out loan appraisals.
- Expenditure control by ensuring that the branch books and records are reconciled and kept properly, providing timely and accurate reports and returns, preparing budget plans and ensuring that any budgetary irregularities are corrected.
- People management – providing leadership to the team by coaching, training, motivating and managing staff performance. It will also involve resolution of any staff grievances and disciplinary matters by liaising with Human Resources.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, AKIB qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years banking experience in a management role, three of which must be branch management experience.
- Sound credit exposure and Operations in a branch for at least one year may have an added advantage.
- Similarly, credit experience attained in the Head Office Credit lending units is acceptable.
- Excellent customer service/relationship management skills.
- Strong business development, negotiating and decision making skills, good Interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- A performance driver with good business management skills.
- Ability to analyze data, information and situations, for effective work performance with excellent attention to details and quality outputs.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number BMCR/RBB/2016 by 14th September, 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer.