International Rescue Committee Nurses Jobs in Lodwar, Kenya July 2016
Profession vacancy : Employment at International Rescue Committee – Kenya July 2016
Jobs description : Nurses Vacancies in Lodwar July 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities at his level will entail: assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Diagnosing common health conditions; providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI),
- Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI),
- Immunization and reproductive health, providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs.
- Implementing recommendations from research findings for improvement of care; referring patients and clients appropriately; facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care; ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; conducting assessment of school health needs; planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports; identifying occupational health needs; and making recommendations; and conducting clinical teaching and assessing nursing students.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a diploma/degree/certificate holder from a recognized medical institution
- Be in possession of Kenya certificate of secondary education (KCSE)
- Must POSSESS a valid practicing license from the nursing counsel of Kenya or any recognized body by the government of Kenya
- Have interpersonal and good communication skills to clients, patients and the members of health staff
- Knowledge of computer is an added advantage
- Job experience for the last two years is a prerequisite
- Must have trained in BemONc/ FP/ FANC package, and ready to handle reproductive health emergency when it occurs most,
- Knowledge of recognition of early danger signs of pregnancy and able to refer immediately to the next level for action is paramount for this position
- Can work under extreme and unfavorable condition /ready to work anywhere in Turkana county with minimal preference for work environment
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.