International Rescue Committee Regional Grants & Fundraising Support Coordinator Job in Kenya July 2016
Employment Vacancy : Careers at International Rescue Committee in Kenya July 2016
Profession vacancy : Regional Grants & Fundraising Support Coordinator Job In Kenya July 2016
Background: The IRC’s Horn & East Africa region is one of the largest and most diverse regions, spanning nine countries and with an annual portfolio over $120 million.
Grants & Compliance
- Work with country programs’ grants teams to ensure that high quality reports to donors are submitted on time, are coherent and accurate
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as monthly financial reports, procurement plans, and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- Assist country programs’ grants teams to coordinate with Awards Management Unit’s post-award teams in NY and the UK to ensure that reports are in accordance with donor and IRC internal requirements
- Where support is required, act as focal point in facilitating donor report reviews and approvals by technical advisors and other relevant persons at HQ
- Train and support country programs’ grants teams and program staff on donor compliance, report writing, project and budget monitoring, record keeping, and grants management.
- Work with country programs to support proposal development processes, either remotely or through in-country assignments
- Liaise with Awards Management Unit’s pre-award team in NY and the UK to ensure proposals meet internal and donor standards
- In coordination with the Awards Management Unit and DRD, track upcoming business development opportunities
- Where necessary and in coordination with DRD and Regional Program Officer, cultivate donor relationships at the regional level
- Degree in international development/affairs, public administration, or related subject
- At least five years’ experience working with international non-governmental organizations in the area of program development, grants management, and/or project management; preferably in East Africa
- Successful experience developing projects, writing proposals, and developing budgets for US, United Nations, and European donors
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Enhanced interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team setting
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines
- Experience developing compelling external communications materials
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.