Medical Jobs In Kenya February 2016:Neurologist, Resident Radiologist and Laboratory Technologist Jobs
Hospital Jobs:Aga Khan Hospital Careers February 2016
Kisumu Jobs: Job Vacancies in Aga Khan Hospital February 2016
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa Bay Counties.
The Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Overall Responsibilities: To provide quality Neurology services to both outpatients and inpatients.
He/she will be expected to be an active member of the health care team in the hospital and to contribute to the continuing professional development programmes of the hospital.
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine from a recognized university
- Fellowship in Neurology
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a lead in neurology services and collaborations in research.
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will be expected to provide radiological services to both inpatient and outpatients. He/she will be expected to be an active member of the multidisciplinary health care team and contribute to the continuing professional development programs in the Hospital.
- M.Med in Radiology or equivalent post graduate qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be Registered/Licensed by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- At least three years post graduate working experience in general radiology, Ultrasound and CT.
- Excellent PR and communication skills.
Laboratory Technologist – Histology Section
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will prepare documentation, process patients’ samples, ensure timely dispatch of results and maintain laboratory records as per the laboratory policies.
He/she will maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control and will be expected to comply with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (Bsc) in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory with excellent knowledge and experience in histology
- Registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) with a current practicing license.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology and Phlebotomy procedures, and the ability to work well in those sections when required.
- Ability to write, review and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 standard and other Quality Management Systems (QMS).
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary details should be forwarded by 22nd February 2016 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
P.O. Box 530 – 40100