Brand Manager Job Opening in Nairobi Kenya May 2015
Summary: Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Brand Manager.
Job Purpose: To define and achieve specific sales, profit (to M2) and market share objectives through the development of a three year marketing plan across specific brand responsibilities and adapt these where necessary to ultimately deliver company performance targets for long term growth.
To be a marketing champion for the Company within the organisation & with external stakeholders to aid decision making to drive business results to enhance marketing capability within the organisation.
1. Marketing Strategy: To develop the long term business plan including marketing and communications strategy by brand in order to provide strategic direction, and to define the contribution to future sales and profit growth, There should be an understanding of their brands role/s in delivering short/med and long term strategic targets for both the Country Unit and NOE, and involvement in setting/influencing these corporate targets.
2. Marketing Plan: To develop and implement the annual Marketing plan and oversee the execution of the plan by influencing internal stakeholders (e.g. digital, planning and promotions, consumer insights, shopper and customer marketing). This plan must deliver Local and regional brand objectives.
3. Marketing Communications
- To manage the communications development process for their responsible market and to tailor a marketing and communication strategy for the local market.
- Work closely with the CU Media team in executing the agreed media plans for their respective markets. Monitor, plan and develop recommendations for changes as needed throughout the year.
- To lead on larger scale Local and CU projects including ATL, PR & BTL activities by being the lead contact & interfacing with the agencies and co-ordinating with other BMs in NE/CEWA organisation. (Accountability for project will be with BM),
- To effectively manage and motivate Agency partners to ensure best in class campaigns.
- To consistently review and evaluate marketing activities in order to maximise ROI against agreed brand objectives and propose recommendations to bring about continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analysing market and retailer data to generate a thorough understanding of changing category trends and consumer behaviour, acting upon these to drive business growth
- Identify gaps in consumer understanding and work with the Market Research and Insight Managers to brief appropriate consumer research projects to address these
- Using market data and research findings to define local business challenges, informed by the Market Research and Insight Managers, and conduct Insight Generation Workshops to develop superior consumer insights to create effective solutions to these challenges
Internal data sources
- Ex-factory sales
- Brand profitability and Brand Health Reports
- Performance vs. Forecast
- Customer and Range analysis
- Supply chain sources monitoring stock levels and NPD performance
- ABC Portfolio analysis
- Promotional analysis
- Market and market share development
- Brand and competitor analysis through various sources such as IRI, Dunnhumby, LMG and KWP
- Consumer Panel data
- Brand/customer performance
- Competitor media spending
- To take accountability for managing a range of marketing activities through key marketing processes
- Evaluating potential of NPD
- Ensuring effective implementation of the process from DC commitment to launch in shelf
- Engaging and motivating key stakeholders to maximise launch
- Tracking and evaluating the performance against pre-defined launch KPI’s to take appropriate action
- Seeking opportunities outside the NPL process
9. Continuous Improvement: Work within the existing processes of the role and organisation, but draw on previous experiences and observation in role to suggest and implement improvements to processes and ways of working which deliver business benefit, managing this change throughout the organisation. Leadership of and Involvement in various cross functional project teams at a country and NOE level
10. International Exchange: To liaise with the GBU to co-ordinate appropriate product launches and re-launches and exchange of information as required. To drive the agenda of the Country Unit and NE within the GBU function to ensure the output is aligned to requirements. Where relevant, via Expert Team participation, to proactively influence both product and communication strategy development
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (or equivalent) is desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer marketing in FMCG or Health & Beauty. Cross country marketing experience is desirable.
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member.
- Challenging, motivating and inspiring leadership style towards the agencies and colleagues.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Brand Manager