Consultancy for Conducting Baseline Study for Community Driven Food Security and Livelihood Initiatives in Lower and Middle Juba, Somalia-Job Vacancy July 2014
Who we are: Oxfam GB has worked in South Central Somalia for over 20 years and is engaged in humanitarian and development programs.
Purpose: Conduct a comprehensive baseline survey on food security and livelihoods situation in Lower and Middle Juba.
The consultant must align his/her methods with the project objectives which are as follows.
- Strengthening community structures to undertake community led development initiatives in Lower and Middle Juba regions.
- Improve the livelihood and food security of riverine, agro pastoral and pastoralist communities in Middle and Lower Juba regions through CFSLI.
- Improving coordination, monitoring and documentation for quality delivery of the action and generate lessons learnt
- A degree holder in Economics,(Agriculture or Rural ) or development related degree, Food Security and Livelihoods or a related field
- Experience in undertaking Food Security and Livelihoods baseline studies in Somalia strongly preferred.
- Ability to conduct gender analysis and community engagement in advocacy
- Experienced in quantitative and qualitative methods
This is a highly challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional/team, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs.
A detailed ToR can also be accessed from the above link.
The closing date is: 11th July 2014.
The difference starts with you