Administrative Assistant – Syngenta’s Pollen Limited in Ruiru Kenya 2014
Career Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
Syngenta’s destination is to bringing plant potential to life in new and exciting ways.
Syngenta Kenya Pollen Limited (KEPO) is a fully owned subsidiary of Syngenta Seeds B.V, in the Horticultural Industry engaged in the production of Vegetable seeds, rooted and unrooted cutting for the export market.
Based in Ruiru, the successful candidate will provide administrative, secretarial, Human Resource and reception support.
This individual needs to possess excellent interpersonal skills with good communication skills.
- Assist in management of general files and records. This includes maintaining an up to date Human Resource and Administration files and correspondences.
- Responsible for updating and maintain leave records and monitoring absenteeism by providing reports to the Line Manager.
- Responsible of receiving incoming calls and responding to general queries and where need be consulting for feedback.
- Receiving and screening visitors and directing them to the respective employees.
- Ensuring good housekeeping in the office area, meeting rooms and its environs.
- Responsible for receiving general incoming mails, recording all incoming and outgoing correspondences and channeling them to respective staff.
- Will be in-charge of requisition and control of all stationery items.
- Assisting in arranging hotel bookings and transfers for incoming visitors and coordinating of business meetings.
- Assisting in organizing staff travel ensuring all relevant documentations are in place and in line with relevant consular requirements. Securing cost effective and convenient flights for employees.
- Organizing day to day running of the Staff Canteen and the laundry operations.
- Provide Secretarial support as and when required.
- Enforce HSE rules and regulations and champions the implementation of the Syngenta HSE policy in all business operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualification and competencies:
- Diploma holder in administration/business or Secretarial studies.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in an administrative position.
- HR exposure would be an added advantage.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- Telephone handling skills and general office etiquette.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for any of these exciting and challenging roles, please write in confidence before Friday, 30th May 2014.
Enclose your curriculum vitae containing an e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, remuneration, addresses of three referees and send to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.