Supermarket Chain Chief Operating Officer Job Opportunity in Kenya 2014 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As Chief Operating Officer, s/he will be responsible for translating the Board of Directors’ vision and strategy into organizational policies, directives, and procedures, managing functional staff, and serving as internal spokesperson for corporate messages.
As the key driver for execution, s/he will also oversee, monitor and evaluate work plans, resourcing and quality control for corporate deliverables.
The incumbent will hold profit and loss responsibility for quarterly results and will be accountable for:
- Budgeting, costing, resourcing and reporting
- Systems and procedures
- Regulatory compliance and relations
- Product development and delivery
- Customer service and support
- Administration (procurement, data management, technology, facilities, etc.)
- Recruitment, retention and rewards
- Brand compliance and enforcement
- Buck-stopping the Chief Executive and Board of Directors
The ideal incumbent is a “doer” and entrepreneur with:
- An MBA or finance-related graduate degree from a leading global university
- Significant personal and business experience in East Africa
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written Business English
- Sound professional judgment, personal drive, integrity, initiative, resourcefulness and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Attention to detail, time-keeping, patience, dependability, willingness to travel, enthusiasm and a sense of urgency
- Leadership, team-building and motivational skills
- Vision, personal ambition and confidence in own ability to achieve measurable results
- Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives.
- Working in partnership with the management team and BOD to create the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations.
- Must have an MBA or a masters in any relevant field.
- Must have leadership and team management skills.
- Must have strong drive and motivation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong sensitivity for multi-cultural/multi-national environments.
- Attention to details.
- Must have experiencing supervising operations preferably in manufacturing or retail across many locations and supervising more than 500 staff.