Director of Buildings And Estates Job Vacancy at Mzumbe University Tanzania 2013 (Main Campus)
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF BUILDINGS AND ESTATES (Main Campus)
(a) Qualification and Experience
Holder of a Master degree in Civil Engineering, or Architecture or its equivalent from a
recognized institution with relevant working experience of at least twelve years of which
at least five years must be at a senior managerial position and must have been registered as a Consulting engineering / architect with the relevant board. Possession of PhD will be an added advantage.
(b) Responsible to: Deputy Vice Chancellor – Administration and Finance
(c) Personal Attributes:
• Personal of high integrity;
• Ability to plan organize and supervise;
• Self motivated and ability to work efficiently and effectively even under pressure;
• Excellent communication in both Kiswahili and English;
• Ability to work with a range of stakeholders;
• Ability to deliver accurate and high quality output timely.
• Formulate policy proposals related to estates activities;
• Maintains and coordinates work contacts with building and maintenance staff of the Estates
• Prepares and compile budget estimates for Capital Development;
• Prepares training and development plans for Estates Staff.
• Coordinates preparation of the physical master plan;
• Coordinates the effective maintenance and rehabilitation of the infrastructure;
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by superior.
(e) Salary Scale: PGSS 21
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates should reach the undersigned, in both soft and hard copies, not later than 14th November, 2013. Candidates must also give names, contact addresses as well as telephone numbers of two referees best known to them.
– All above positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/or telephone numbers. If no communication is made to you by 21st November, 2013 you should regard yourself as unsuccessful.
For hardcopies send to:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 1,
For scanned soft copies send to: firstname.lastname@example.org