Senior Procurement Specialist
Local Extended Term Consultant Appointment (One Year, Renewable)
Location: Kigali Rwanda
The World Bank’s Africa Region’s Procurement Department for East Africa (AFTPE) seeks to recruit a high caliber locally – recruited Senior Procurement Specialist based in the Kigali, Rwanda Country office.
The successful candidate will be appointed on an Extended Term Consultant (ETC) individual appointment for a period of one year, subject to renewal for a final second year (based on good performance and business need).
The selected Senior Procurement Specialist (SPS) will work under the supervision and guidance of the Procurement Hub Coordinator based in Nairobi, Kenya with close collaboration with other procurement specialists in the region, Task Team Leaders and technical members.
The consultants will be required to travel within Rwanda.
The desired Senior Procurement Specialist is expected to:-
(i) Provide procurement support during project preparation and project implementation (including prior and post reviews of all procurement documents and decisions;
(ii) Assist the Borrower in procurement capacity building activities including support during country procurement assessment and the procurement reform process;
(iii) Work on procurement matters across sectors in the performance of the Bank’s fiduciary and service functions;
(iv) Review and handle the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement;
(v) Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement;
(vi) Participate in missions as procurement expert on projects; assess procurement implications of project design, evaluate institutional capacity of the Borrower and develop suitable procurement plans, conduct prior and post reviews of Bank-financed contracts.
The successful candidate should
- possess a Master’s degree with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce) and relevant training in procurement work, with at least 8 years of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of all concepts, principles of and approaches to international procurement, and of public procurement systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all phases of Bank lending operations;
- Demonstrated analytical clarity, problem-solving skills and negotiating skills with ability to balance project objectives and procurement requirements with client needs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal sensitively with a multi-cultural environment is key.
For the full position description and complete selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers
Click on >Current job openings > job# 131855.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational
Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is 11th September 2013.