Commissioning & Programmes Manager and Commercial Producer Jobs recruitment at Nation Media Group in Kenya 2013
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit experienced and self- motivated individuals to fill the positions of Commissioning and Programmes Manager and Commercial Producer for NTV & QTV in the Television Division.
Commissioning and Programmes Manager
- Develop and manage annual budgets for programming, acquisitions and all other related aspects of broadcasting programming;
- Develop and manage the channels’ content budgets, ensuring optimal use of funds;
- Develop and maintain high-level supplier relationships;
- Sourcing, evaluating and commission new and innovative program ideas that capture strategic target audience trends;
- Sourcing programmes in line with the target audiences;
- Working closely with independent producers to oversee storylines and program formats that suit the broadcasters target audience and audience ratings growth expectation;
- Work closely with independent producers to monitor production quality benchmarks;
- Negotiate licensing agreements/ program contracts in line with business budgets;
- Oversee the planning, organising and monitoring of the progress of individual projects and programs;
- Contribute to the development of monthly and quarterly program schedules for the broadcasters’ television stations;
- Interpret market research and investigate market trends in line with program growth and development;
- Work closely with the commercial/sales department to evaluate and monitor commercial viability of new programs and concepts; and,
- Ensure convergence of local content with social media platforms.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Degree in Mass Communication or media studies;
- At least 5 years’ years working experience at a senior level; in programming or entertainment or content production;
- Knowledge of the East African consumer landscape would be a distinct advantage;
- Good understanding of media sales and consumer research methodologies;
- Excellent written and spoken communication, excellent presentation, negotiation and sound computer skills;
- Excellent ability to create and maintain high-level, productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Job Ref: HR-CP-08-2013
- Engage in day-to-day commercial production activities;
- Manage the broadcast process for delivery of commercial projects;
- Attend client meetings and produce creative briefs for execution;
- Management of multiple projects and the ability to work with all levels and roles within the organization from creative as well as third-party vendors and service providers;
- Execution of ideas within or across media platforms by providing expert knowledge of the talent, techniques and technologies necessary to execute the work;
- Planning and overseeing the production process for various broadcast projects for Television, including but not limited to bidding, pre-production and shooting and managing all aspects of pre-production, production and post-production;
- Generation and negotiation of all production & vendor contracts, including rights and licensing agreements;
- Maintaining communication with necessary creative and account team to facilitate workflow.
- Keeping abreast and current on industry and technological trends.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A bachelors’ degree in production or graphics;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, agency experience would be a distinct advantage;
- The ability to build relationships and participate in client meetings and presentations;
- Knowledgeable in legal issues associated with advertising;
- A good understanding of the science of marketing and advertising to create a script that will persuade the viewer to buy what the client is selling.
- The ability to identify potential suppliers, in-house and outside to partner in executional engagement;
- Excellent negotiation skills and creative, strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while retaining team membership and spirit; and,
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong organizational skills
These positions offer excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 14th August 2013.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.