Treasury Middle Office Manager Job Vacancy at Cooperative Bank in Kenya September 2013
Manager, Treasury Middle Office
Reporting to the Head, Credit Administration Department, the role holder will responsible for accuracy of Profit and Loss reports for Treasury business.
The key responsibilities will among others include:
- Maintain a robust risk and control management framework to mitigate defined risks.
- Maintain, monitor and report individual dealer, counterparty and open market limits utilization and violations
- Updating on limit utilization and ensuring periodic review of the limits
- Real time reconciliation of the trader’s intraday and overnight foreign exchange and money market positions and advising the trader on the accurate positions and Nostro balances held
- Effectively support and supervise the risk profile of dealers’ positions, in line with internal and external risk management and regulatory imperatives
- Supervising the accurate and timely preparation of the daily product, dealer and transaction Profit & Loss Reports including analytical review and commentary and reporting the same on daily basis
- Obtaining daily Profit & Loss report sign offs from Treasury and keeping track of the same
- Highlighting and escalating of off-market transactions or cancelled and amended deals
- Understand and apply best practices for the documentation of treasury transactions
- Mitigate settlement risks by checking and verifying deal tickets details and highlighting any discrepancies.
- Proactively examine Value at Risk and carry out stress testing as well as sensitivity & scenario analysis on regular basis
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures of monitoring and enforcing compliance to ALCO guidelines on portfolio holdings
The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes / skills:
- University Degree, preferably in a business field
- CPA/ACCA qualification
- ACI qualification or Risk Management certification
- Practical knowledge of Treasury products and operations as well as Treasury risk management systems and operational processes
- At least 5 years banking experiences 2 of which must be in Treasury Middle office in a bank with a busy dealing room.
- Knowledge and exposure to systems supporting the Middle Office will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: TM/3/HRD/2013
The Director – Human Resources Division
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd
P.O. Box 48231-00100