Software Developer Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Position: Software Developer
Experience: 3 + years relevant experience in functional domain
Qualifications & Skills required
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS / Computer Science
Good working knowledge on PL, SQL & Linux.
A team player able to work with and through others.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Core Java/J2SE / Java Applets
- Knowledge of threading/concurrency
- Knowledge of a Scripting language – Bash/Ruby/Shell/Python/Lua
- Knowledge of j Unit /mocking tools
- Proven experience of Test-Driven Development/Agile processes
- Web Programming skills/ Web User Interface Design.
- Software Requirements/ Software Development Process/ Object- Oriented Design (OOD).
- Multimedia Content Development/ Software Debugging
Duty station: Nairobi
Age: Below 35 years.
Commencement date: Immediately
Kindly indicate net pay salary expectation on subject line & job title.
Email CV to email@example.com
Please do not apply if you do not have the required experience & skills.