Programme Support Service Officer Jobs, HR Jobs, Administration Jobs, NGO Jobs, Save the Children Jobs
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and a footprint in Kakamega, Kisumu, Migori and Kitui. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations are managed by the Kenya CO.
The post holder will be accountable to the Programme Manager for supporting Finance, HR, IT, supply chain and Administration services in programming contexts. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with SCI global standards, policies and practices. The position also plays a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the annual and country strategic plans.
- In charge of warehouse at field office level, ensure TIMs and other warehousing records are updated daily.
- Support programme staff to develop procurement plans.
- Support in the development of field level framework agreement.
- Coordinate field office procurement requests and LPOs for local procurements liaising with Supply Chain Officers in Nairobi and Programme Implementation team
- Coordinate delivery and recording of items sourced from local suppliers working closely with Nairobi supply chain team.
- Manage fleet at field office level; Coordinate fleet requests, allocate vehicles, ensure compliance with all SCI fleet management policies and SoPs.
- Maintain records including allocation of assets and GPEs assigned to Field Office.
- Communicate with IT and Supply Chain for maintenance or upgrading or replacement of any asset assigned asset and GPE assigned to specific Field Office.
Human resources and administration
- Lead administrative function to ensure the provision of effective administrative support in the field office. Ensure office is clean, well maintained and has all essential supplies.
- Ensure the guesthouse is clean and well maintained.
- Support recruitment process in the field office.
- Facilitate and follow up induction and on boarding of all staff engaging with Save the Children as per the Induction guidelines.
- Work with HR in Nairobi in updating the staffs HRIS files, leave plans, as well as updating of the leave database and monthly status reports sent out to staff.
- Manage performance of direct reports in the work area through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
Financial accounting, planning and budgeting
- Assist with documentation at field office level. Consolidate all financial documents generated at field office and send to relevant officers in Nairobi; these include supplier invoices, staff liquation, Mpesa payment lists, receipts, etc.
- Assist as needed with daily programming accounting operation in liaison with Finance Officers in Nairobi; these include payment of suppliers, processing activity advances, payment of casuals, etc.
- Monitor field office and guesthouse utilities costs e.g. water, electricity, telephone/Mobile usage, billing, and others related office utilities.
- Manage field office petty cash and prepare weekly float spend reports/documents and send to finance Nairobi
- Making payments of casuals, office utility bills and related low value supplies as per the field office petty cash guidance
- Receive and record cash balances of staff advances, and issue outs receipts for accountability
- A Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Strong knowledge/experience HR and admin, logistics and financial management.
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Minimum three year’s relevant experience in Support Services within a busy organisation
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spread sheets and word processing
- Experience of working within a team and team building.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
How To Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.