Join Our Team
We’re working to make quality medicines affordable for the 2.5 billion patients worldwide who access primary health care at their local drug shop. Not long ago, we started with app that tracked medication sales and inventory at these drug shops and clinics. Now we are moving into medication supply chains, partnering with suppliers to ensure that effective medicines are stocked in pharmacies across East Africa, and that they have the working capital to optimize their shops. Our software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Africa to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year.
For the people who use our software, it represents a way of tracking business decisions and accessing deals and working capital. For patients, we help strengthen supply chains and ensure that the medicine that they buy will be affordable and consistently high quality, in a setting where 1 in 10 products is counterfeit or substandard.
Maisha Meds was first built by a multidisciplinary team at Stanford University that is passionate about supporting the health sector in East Africa. Our team is based in Kenya and has funding from Stanford University’s Biodesign Program and Center for Innovation in Global Health as well as D-Prize, the Unreasonable Institute in East Africa, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck’s Digital eHealth Accelerator in Nairobi, GIZ, and the Dioraphte Foundation.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join our operations team with a focus on developing out our growing voucher program. An ideal candidate has experience in sales, operations, developing and conducting trainings, and early stage research project development. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and re-iterating systems to improve the customer experience. This candidate is a customer-centric leader who will effectively bring pharmacies onto the Maisha Meds platform and voucher program and work to tailor the program to best suit our pharmacy partners and patients.
- Leading the pitching and onboarding of our 250 pharmacies on to the Maisha Meds voucher program.
- Collecting feedback from pharmacies on the and iterating on / refining insights to make them actionable and immediately useful for pharmaceutical clients and others in the global health space
- Managing medication orders on consignment for all pharmacies that are part of the voucher program/receiving medications for the voucher program
- Mapping out touch points to ensure pharmacy partners and customers are engaged with the voucher program
- Tracking and analysis of all voucher program related data, including: inventory and reordering needs, enrollment, ODK form completion, and onboarding
- Providing follow-up advice and trainings as needed for pharmacies being onboarded to the voucher program
- Support streamlining and scalability of the onboarding process for the voucher program
- Assist the general operations team in tasks as needed
- Maisha Meds reserves the right to adapt the work scope for the employee, in response to company needs or changes in direction
- Growing key business metrics such as revenue, unique customer count and recurring customer rate, with a focus on data-driven approach to identifying and addressing key customer pain point.
- Ensure close collaboration between corporate and technology teams to drive successful execution on strategies
- Serve as a key accounts manager and brand ambassador for Maisha Meds
- Proactively identify and communicate business risks and opportunities and synthesize customer feedback for team
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in research, communication, sales, business or other related field
- 2+ years working in enterprise, sales, research or training, experience in medical or pharmaceutical field a plus
- Prior experience working with Excel, ODK, Dedoose and/or other quantitative and qualitative research tools
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humor. We are a small team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that we work well together
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- A passion for building world class product with a desire to see it scaled widely
How To Apply
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with a CV and some information about why you are interested in our company and this role at email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Associate”. Thank you!