JOB GROUP K4
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Chief Administrative Officer will be responsible for ensuring coordination of all administrative functions in the Hospital.
- Headship of the Department.
- Participating in development of the Department’s work plan and budget.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports.
- Participating in the implementation of the performance management system in the section.
- Managing transport services including the repair, procurement and disposal of vehicles.
- Leasing and tenancy aspects of staff houses and Hospital buildings.
- Overall management of the laundry, catering, cleaning and general office services.
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
- Spearheading culture change to improve the Hospital image.
- Promoting the Hospital Occupational Health and Safety initiatives.
- Coordinating quality assurance activities in the department.
- Effective supervision, training and development of staff.
- Assessing staff performance.
- Ensuring efficient and effective management of the support services.
- Promoting the welfare of patients and staff and ensuring their safety.
- Acting as secretariat to select senior management committees.
- Master’s degree in either; Health Management, Hospital Administration, Hospital Planning, Public Health, Health Economics or Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Government, Anthropology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Health Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Leadership/Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence and administrative ability in the management of health services in a large health institution.
- Professional membership in related field will be an added advantage.
- Certificate of proficiency in computer operations from a recognized institution.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Resource management skills.
- Managing performance and driving for outcomes.
- Establishing strategic directions.
- Visionary/Leading change.
- Policy development.
- Influencing persuasion and negotiation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Delivery of quality results.
- Risk management.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Effective supervision, deployment, discipline, training and development of staff in the health administrative service.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 24th April 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification