Recruitment opportunity : Hotel Manager job vacancy
Job opening Thika : Hotel Manager career vacancy
Our client a well-established mid – sized hotel. They seek to hire a seasoned and hands on Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction.
You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business as well as work closely with Hotel owners and other stake holders.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, event/conference planners etc.
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting and draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services.
- Take a Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- At least 5 years Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software’s is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills
- Extensive hands-on experience and flexible
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Hotel Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries