Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a Radio sports sub- editor. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present sports news stories. He/she will report to the Radio Sports Editor.
- Implement various sports news strategies for all the radio stations and the online platform under Royal Media Services ltd
- Under the guidance of the sports editor, help in the daily running of the Radio Sports Desk
- Maintain close and effective contact with the sports editor, sports news sources, reporters and correspondents
- Assign duties to and guide reporters & correspondents attached to the sports desk in sourcing sports news
- Maintain an up to date diary of major events and news of interest to all RMS radio stations and prepare a schedule of sports assignments & feature stories
- Ensure radio sports stories aired conform to journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style
- Guide reporters and correspondents in preparing high quality sports bulletins, features & special reports by ensuring balance and credibility
- Anchor sports news, do sports commentaries/analysis, conduct live and recorded interviews
- Edit and publish sports stories on the online platform in strict conformity to the house style
- Chair Radio sports editorial meetings in the absence of the sports editor and lay out day’s activity plan
- Do any other Editorial tasks assigned by the Sports Editor
- Have a good grasp of English and Kiswahili. (Attach Swahili and English voice demo)
- Strong writing, editing and analytical skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and love for sports
- Ability to work odd hours
- Clear understanding of media laws and ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must have a nose for news, broad and strategic thinker and pay attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust, loyalty and keep abreast with evolving trends.
Academic and professional experience
- A university degree in journalism / Mass Communication or another related field from a recognized university.
- A masters degree in communication or its acceptable equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable sports department, and at least 2 years as a sub editor.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, and a one-page statement explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com by Wednesday February 20th, 2019. Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/ RSE/02-2019 in your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.