Reporting to the Internal Auditor, the Audit Assistant will be responsible for ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures;
- Participating in the formulation and preparation of annual audit scope and work plan;
- Assisting in development of audit plans, monitoring and evaluation, risk assessment and quality review of audit reports.
- Preparing risk-based audit programs;
- Conducting risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline;
- Appraising adequacy of internal control systems;
- Completing audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings;
- Maintaining internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires;
- Preparing draft audit report for review and participate in exit meetings;
- Preparing special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends;
- Performing post-audit follow-up to establish status of implementation of audit recommendation;
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field;
- CPA/ACCA Part 2 section IV or its equivalent;
- One (1) year’s work experience in auditing or in a professional audit firm;
- Experience in credit and lending operations will be an added advantage.
How to apply
If you fulfill the above requirements, please send your application to the undersigned including a cover letter, CV, ID, testimonials, a day time telephone number, email address and three referees not later than 27th February 2019. Hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Corporations Head Office Reception, Ntara Place 1st floor upon signing a delivery at that office.
MERU COUNTY MICROFINANCE CORPORATION,
P.O BOX 2564-60200,
Meru County Microfinance Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: For all positions, the applicant must indicate the current and expected salaries in the application.
Applicants should seek clearance from:-
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Commission for Higher Education; for those with certificates from Private and foreign Universities