We are looking for qualified and talented professionals to fill the position of Legal & Compliance Assistant.
The successful candidate will report to the Legal Officer and be charged with the following responsibilities;
- Advising on tax matters and ensuring compliance with the various tax laws.
- Liaison with various regulatory, and statutory authorities and agencies.
- Provide support in filing of various statutory returns.
- Advising on legal and compliance matters.
- Provide legal counsel and representation.
- Provide support in Company Secretarial Services.
- Reviewing and maintaining up to date legal documents.
- Handling registration, new legislation and gazetted matters affecting the company.
- Upper Second Class degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current Practicing Certificate.
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya.
- Fully qualified CPA and member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya, in good standing.
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a busy tax compliance consultancy environment will be a key advantage.
- At least 4 years‘ experience with exposure to litigation, contracts law, employment law, tax law.
- Good computer skills.
Critical Competencies for all the positions;
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and effective team player.
- Excellent written and spoken English, good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High integrity, professionalism and attention to detail.
How to Apply
The successful candidate can expect to receive the standard large – corporate benefits of bonus, medical and pension in addition to joining a dedicated and dynamic team of experts who derive satisfaction from “Improving People’s Lives through Providing Water and Energy Solutions for Africa”.
Interested applicants should send their applications clearly indicating the specific job being applied for, their current salary and their expected salary by 27th February 2019.