Our client is a rental dealer and distributor of high quality, versatile, stylish freeform tents & canopies for punctual use and semi-permanent installations in the residential and public sectors. They work closely with event management companies to create structures that transform spaces special to the event by offering outdoor Sun & Rain protection systems.
They are looking for a young, innovative, creative, multi-talented and passionate Operations Coordinator to complement their management team. The jobholder will be reporting to the Managing Director.
The jobholder will responsible for planning directing & coordinating the tent rigging operations & activities within the company’s standards along with meeting the customer’s expectations.
- Safeguarding the company’s movable resources such as vehicles, tents, equipment and accessories ensuring that they are efficiently and appropriately utilized.
- Periodically reviewing and updating the company’s health and safety policies.
- Generating a detailed job schedule for confirmed client orders.
- Coordinating the use of the company’s vehicle fleet in accordance with the prescribed policies.
- Managing the rigging staff along with preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties to the rigging team for efficiency.
- Providing financial input to the Accounts department for budgeting purposes.
- Accounting for the utilization of financial resources disbursed to the Operations Department.
- Preparing a weekly job, staff and resource rotas in consultation with the Head Rigger/Team Leaders.
- Managing the logistical and operational aspects of the company’s bookings and staff deployment in the Operations Department.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports to the Managing Director
- Managing and updating all records on the rigging staff, occupation, Health and Safety.
- Coordinate site visits with a rigger to assess and evaluate the site specification as per the client’s requirement.
- Ensuring that the rigging team has the correct information on the installation specification before engaging on an assignment.
- Monitoring resources usage for efficiency by reducing wastages.
- Designing and implementing departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures in consultation with the staff and management.
- Managing the recruitment, placement and training of the rigging personnel to enhance quality, productivity and efficient manpower planning.
- Liaising with the stock Controller and Accountant in monitoring the stock levels and movement of company’s moveable assets.
- Undertaking feasibility site visits with a Rigger/Team Leader to assess and evaluate the site specification as per the client’s requirement.
- Enforcing Health & Safety rules and requirements on sites
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Engineering or its equivalent.
- Experience in operations, planning, coordination & logistics, having at least 4 years’ experience in a fast paced events driven work environment.
- A strong understanding of the processes involved in evaluating a site, setting up a temporary structure & the limitations of application.
- Strong personal characteristics and be commercially minded, with the ability to work with a very wide range of people include company management, staff, customers and external contractors
- Process-driven, methodical and pays strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively plan the logistical operations of the company, organizing staff, vehicles, bookings and out-sourced services.
- Demonstrate clear integrity and a sense of ethics and responsibility to the company and its employees on a daily basis, serving as a model for others.
- Task prioritization, team working and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application to email@example.com on the vacancy page before close of business 25th January 2019.Only successful candidates will be contacted.