Ref. BAC/DRV/12/2018 – BAC 9
Reporting to the Senior Driver, the officer is responsible for transporting students and staff to various destinations in a clean and safe environment to facilitate activities within and outside the College.
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tyre pressure, brakes;
- detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- maintenance of work tickets for the assigned vehicles;
- driving the vehicle as authorized;
- security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
- a minimum mean grade D (plain) in KCSE or its equivalent;
- a valid driving license free from any endorsements and valid for all the
- classes of vehicles, which the candidate is required to drive;
- knowledge of the traffic act and related regulations;
- passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III from the Ministry of Public Works;
- at least two (2) years previous satisfactory driving experience after obtaining the driving license;
- a valid one (1) week first Aid Certificate from Kenya Red Cross, Kenya College of Highway and Building Technology or St. John’s Ambulance;
- certificate in Computer application;
- Certificate of good conduct and EACC.
Terms of service: Permanent
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Qualified persons irrespective of age, gender, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘Bukura Agricultural College is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.’
Applications to reach the undersigned on or before 30th January, 2019
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.o Box 23-50105